Friday, October 9, 2009

Oh, Pasar Malam

Food stuff are expensive at pasar malam these days. They are eating deep in my pocket and I am feeling the heat every time I dig deep inside especially since I am now officially a Government servant. Just look at the prices of food I just bought this evening.

1. 2 slices of Murtabak at RM 4.40 when they should cost around RM 3.00
2. 2 packets of Mee Rebus at RM 6.00 when they should be priced at RM 5.00
3. 3 sets of Roti Jala (each set has 5 slices) at RM 6.60 when they be priced at RM 6.00
4. A packet of Laksa Kedah at RM 3.00 when it should reasonably be just RM 2.50
5. 3 plastic cup of soft drinks at RM 3.60 when they should be priced at RM 2.40
6. A kebab with sparse beef is at RM 2.50 when it should be priced at RM 1.50

I spent a total of RM30.90, just to have a quick and fast dinner that we thought could save us the time and money preparing one. I should review my spendings these days, as my bank account is fast turning red. I need to save and see a cost reduction in the expenses of some of the essentials and energy-based facilities.

Maybe I can look at the root causes of the high electricity and water consumption and high hand phone usage.

No comments: